Cities We Serve In Northern Virginia:
Our Virginia Office
Alexandria, VA 22314
Comprehensive Home Care Services in Northern Virginia
The following is a list and brief description of some of our most popular home care service offerings. Please contact us at any time to learn more about our top-tier, personalized home care services in Virginia or to schedule a free, in-home assessment.
PLEASE NOTE: The majority of these services require a 4-hour minimum.
Welcome Home Package (Transition From Hospital Stay)
Using Uber Health services, our caregivers will safely transport your loved one home from the hospital. If the patient prefers, the caregiver can provide transportation with their personal vehicle (the patient will be charged for mileage) or the caregiver can drive the patient’s vehicle. As a part of our Welcome Home Program, the caregiver will also provide or facilitate:
- Helping the client to get changed, comfortable and situated
- Grocery pickup to fill the fridge and pantry
- Prescription orders/pickup/refills
- Medication reminders
- Laundry and linen changes
- Light housekeeping for appearance, health, and safety (more on that below)
- Assistance with bathing and toileting
These services, combined with longer-term home care if needed, significantly reduce a patient’s risk of hospital readmission.Learn More
Sometimes, seniors get lonely but may not have the interest, energy, or stamina to get out and about, even with assistance. In this case, companionship services provide positive, social interaction.
Activities can include:
- Listening to or reading stories
- General conversation
- Playing cards or games
- Listening to music
- Sitting together quietly on a patio or yard
- Watching TV or movies
This is considered a “hands-free” service, and caregivers never initiate touch. If a client offers a hand, needs support getting up from a chair, or wants a hug, we’re happy to comply. Anything beyond that is considered part of our Personal Care service offerings.
It’s not easy to live independently when you need help with daily living tasks. Our personal care services are designed to accommodate those with mobility, memory loss, or health issues.
They cover the gamut of personal needs, like activities of daily living, and light, household chores.
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping (This is not a full housekeeping service. Rather, our caregivers keep things picked up, tidy, and fresh. Housekeeping chores include light dusting, vacuuming, cooking meals while on their shift, and kitchen tidying.)
- Laundry and linen changes
Transportation and Errands
Studies show repeatedly that socialization and community engagement are essential to human health and wellbeing. Whether it’s with a people-watching and shopping trip to Crystal City Shops, or an activity at the Fairfax Senior Center, we’re here to help keep your loved one engaged and active.
Errand running and transportation assistance are not stand-alone services but can be combined with personal or respite care services. Using Uber Health (or the patient or caregiver’s vehicle if that is agreed upon), our caregivers can accompany seniors out and about town to:
- Run errands
- Grocery shop
- Pick up and fill prescriptions
- Handle dry cleaning
- Attend family and social events
- Maintain medical, health, and beauty appointments
- Attend a movie or theater performance
- Dine out at favorite restaurants
- Attend religious services
- Answer phones
A short trip to one of the many wheel-chair and walker-accessible area parks, like Washington & Old Dominion (W&OD) Railroad Regional Park, or Huntley Meadows Park, can do wonders for health and well-being.Learn More
Primary caregivers deserve a break, and that’s where respite services come into play. Respite care is offered for several hours, for an entire day, or we can provide 24-hour care shifts allowing caregivers to enjoy a weekend or longer-term vacation.
Respite care services are recommended to prevent primary caregiver burnout, and allow caregivers to:
- Maintain their appointments
- Attend family functions
- Enjoy social time with friends or family
- Take advantage of self-care
- Go on a walk, hike or to an exercise class
- Take a vacation
Non-Senior Home Care (Adult Day Care)
Our caregivers also provide in-home, non-senior home care for adults with disabilities or mobility issues that inhibit them from completing daily tasks without assistance. This service includes all of the services listed above.
Non-senior home care services are also oriented towards adults who are post-op and need support at home for the first days, weeks, or months as they rehabilitate.Learn More
Home Care Services in Northern Virginia
We understand that every client is unique. That’s why as one of Northern Virginia’s premier home care agencies, we custom tailor our services to meet your specific needs. Our in-depth complimentary in-home assessment enables us to design a plan that’s right for you.Request An Assessment