Georgetown Home Care is looking for compassionate, licensed, and dedicated CNAs to support our Virginia- and Maryland-based clients. Our small, locally-owned agency treats employees like family. If you feel the call to work with seniors and their families, we’d love to meet you.
Our agency believes in our employees. We’re committed to supporting your professional development and training – one of the reasons we remain one of the premier home care agencies in the area.
Apply Today Immediate shifts available!
Best Pay in the Region
We believe in compensating employees well. Our CNAs love our benefits package, including direct paycheck deposit, mileage reimbursement, and flexible scheduling. Part-time, full-time, weekend/nights-only, and live-in shifts are available.
Full PTO Package
We understand the heart and soul you pour into your work, so we invest in your time off. CNAs deserve to take time off for themselves, their family, or vacations. We honor that right via accrued paid-time-off for sick time and vacation days.
Need the holiday off to spend time with family? We understand, which is why Georgetown Home Care employees have access to paid holiday leave. If you work on a legal holiday, we honor that dedication with time-and-a-half.
Our CNAs are eligible for health insurance through us, including health, dental, and vision plans.
As an employer, Georgetown Home Care covers up to 50% of their employees’ base plan.
Working for us means working for your future. Georgetown Home Care offers a fantastic 401k plan. A portion of every dollar you earn is put aside to support your retirement. We match employees’ contributions up to 5% – a higher-than-average contribution.
We know continuing education and training are essential to provide the best client care. GHC invests in our employees, offering CNAs the chance to get CCEs via monthly, online courses. Credits can be used to support licensure and professional development.
Certified Nurse Assistant Qualifications
First and foremost, you must be patient, caring, kind, and a good problem solver.
- First and foremost, you must be patient, caring, kind, and a good problem solver.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- old a valid CNA license in MD or VA, or HHA in DC
- Up-to-date with CPR certification
- Pass a complete criminal background and DMV record check (we provide those)
- Valid driver’s license and proof of current vehicle registration and vehicle insurance
- Current TB test (can be done post-interview)
Our CNAs are there to support the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of our clients so they can age in place as independently as possible.
- Assist clients with daily living tasks (bathing, toileting, food prep, hygiene)
- Transportation (if needed)
- Transfers to/from bed, walking, chair, etc.
- Errand running
- Report directly to our Director of Staffing and Staff Coordinator
- Medication reminders
- Maintaining a safe, clean environment for the client
- Mobility support
- Observe the client for any signs of deterioration or changes in health
- Proactively communicate any pertinent client information to the responsible parties, including the Director of Nursing or the stated nursing supervisor
High-quality senior home care not only encourages and uplifts the heart and mind of your loved one but yours as well. As a locally-owned and operated non-medical home care company, we’re committed to providing dependable and affordable one-on-one support, assistance, and, most importantly, friendship.
Our mission is to ensure a better quality of life for our elderly clients and their families by providing dependable and affordable care.