Live-In Caregiver Careers
We’re looking for live-in caregivers seeking the unique opportunity to become an assimilated part of our client’s home lives. The devoted live-in caregivers at Georgetown Home Care provide the platinum standard of senior care.
If you’re ready to apply, click the link below. We can get you on a job within 24-48 hours of receiving your application!
Immediate shifts available!
Why Work With Us
We offer superior hourly pay with annual opportunities for raises. Paychecks are directly deposited, and we include mileage reimbursement. Additionally, we pay time and a half for holiday shifts.
At Georgetown Home Care, you won’t have to worry about long stretches without any work. We aim to get our live-in caregivers on a new case as soon as their old one ends.
Employees accrue paid sick and vacation leave as our way to honor that you deserve time off, too. Take advantage of paid time off for personal days, sick days, and vacations.
Georgetown Home Care offers a high-quality health insurance policy, including medical, dental, and vision care. As our employee, we’ll pay for half of your base policy premium.
Our employees serve clients best when they’re not worried about their future. That’s why we set you up for retirement by providing a generous 401k retirement plan that matches up to the first 5% that you contribute to your account.
Our CNA and HHA caregivers are passionate about keeping up to date with geriatric medicine and care innovations. To that end, we offer monthly online classes with CCE credits you can apply towards career development and maintaining annual licensure requirements.
Live-In Caregiver Career Qualifications
- You must be caring, friendly, patient, and have the openhearted ability to seamlessly “join” your clients’ household for regular, extended shifts.
- Valid CNA license in MD or VA and/or HHA in DC
- Up-to-date CPR certification
- You must pass a complete criminal background check and DMV record check
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Current driver’s license as well as proof of registration and auto insurance
- Clear TB test (can be done after the interview)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Common Companion Care Tasks
We provide what is known as companion care for seniors, allowing them to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
Below are a few home care services and tasks that you might be required to perform for clients.Apply Today
- Support with daily living tasks such as bathing, grooming, getting dressed
- Errand running
- Light housekeeping
- Observing client for signs of deterioration or changes
- Toileting/incontinence care
- Transportation to appointments
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Report directly to the Director of Staffing and Staff Coordinator
- Communicate fluidly with the Director of Nursing and the nursing supervisor
Start Your Career With Us Today
We believe one of the reasons we’re among Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2019 and 2020 is our family-oriented company culture. Our live-in caregiving staff is highly valued, and that attention to care flows through them to our clients.
Our mission is to ensure a better quality of life for elderly clients and their families by providing dependable and affordable care. We hope you’re the next “friend” we hire, so we can continue improving the quality of life for our clients, their families, and our exceptional team of CNAs, HHAs, and caregivers.
We are proud to be among Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2019 and 2020!