We’re looking for live-in caregivers seeking the unique opportunity to become an assimilated part of our clients’ home lives. The devoted live-in caregivers at Georgetown Home Care provide the platinum standard of senior care.
Are you a CNA or HHA, ready to be part of a live-in care team so our clients have continual support and companionship, 24/7? When you work with us, you’re working for one of the fastest-growing home care companies in the area, and it’s 100% due to our agency’s heart-centered mission.
Apply Today Immediate shifts available!
Best Pay in the Region
We offer superior hourly pay with annual opportunities for raises. Paychecks are directly deposited, and we include mileage reimbursement.
Live-in care shifts are flexible, allowing you to work nights, days, weekdays or weekends only, etc.
Full PTO Package
Employees accrue paid sick and vacation leave as our way to honor that you deserve time off, too.
Take advantage of paid time off for personal days, sick days, and vacations.
We understand that holiday traditions are sacred, which is why our employees enjoy paid holidays for the ten calendared holidays.
Employees who work over holidays are honored with time-and-a-half.
Georgetown Home Care offers a high-quality health insurance policy, including medical, dental, and vision care. As our employee, we’ll pay for half of your base policy premium.
Our employees serve clients best when they’re not worried about their future. That’s why we set you up for retirement by providing a generous 401k retirement plan that matches up to the first 5% that you contribute to your account.
Our CNA and HHA caregivers are passionate about keeping up to date with geriatric medicine and care innovations. To that end, we offer monthly online classes with CCE credits you can apply towards career development and maintaining annual licensure requirements.
Live-In Caregiver Career Qualifications
- You must be caring, friendly, patient, and have the openhearted ability to seamlessly “join” your clients’ household for regular, extended shifts.
- Valid CNA license in MD or VA and/or HHA in DC
- Up-to-date CPR certification
- You must pass a complete criminal background check and DMV record check
- Have a reliable vehicle
- Current driver’s license as well as proof of registration and auto insurance
- Clear TB test (can be done after the interview)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We provide what is known as companion care for seniors, allowing them to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible.
Below are a few home care services and tasks that you might be required to perform for clients.
- Support with daily living tasks such as bathing, grooming, getting dressed
- Errand running
- Light housekeeping
- Observing client for signs of deterioration or changes
- Toileting/incontinence care
- Transportation to appointments
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Report directly to the Director of Staffing and Staff Coordinator
- Communicate fluidly with the Director of Nursing and the nursing supervisor
We believe one of the reasons we’re among Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2019 and 2020 is our family-oriented company culture. Our live-in caregiving staff is highly valued, and that attention to care flows through them to our clients.
Our mission is to ensure a better quality of life for elderly clients and their families by providing dependable and affordable care. We hope you’re the next “friend” we hire, so we can continue improving the quality of life for our clients, their families, and our exceptional team of CNAs, HHAs, and caregivers.